Asteron Total & Permanent Disablement Stand Alone
The Total and Permanent Disablement Stand Alone product offered by Asteron is designed to pay a lump sum if the policy holder becomes totally and permanently disabled.
Asteron policy holders who own a Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD) Stand Alone product are paid a lump sum should they become Totally and Permanently Disabled. When applying for this cover, the insured is allowed to select the amount that they want paid – up to a maximum of $5,000,000 - should they become disabled. This amount is known as the sum insured.
The TPD benefit provides cover should a sickness or injury result in the policy holder being Totally and Permanently Disabled. If this occurs, based on the TPD definition stated in the policy, then Asteron will pay out the sum insured. If, however, the policy holder does not survive at least 14 days following the illness or injury, then a limited death benefit will be paid out to the nominated beneficiary.
There are a number of benefits that are included with the Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD) Stand Alone policy. These are:
- TPD Benefit
- Worldwide Cover
- Guarantee of Upgrade
- Loyalty Benefits
- Single Loss of Limb or Eye Benefit
- Automatic Increase Benefit
- Financial Planning Benefit
- Permanent Disability Benefit
- Premium Freeze Option (only available if stepped premium is selected)
- Nominated Beneficiaries (only available if the policy owner is also the insured)
- Limited Death Benefit
- Future Cover Benefit
- Lifestyle Conversion Benefit
- Premium and Cover Suspension Benefit
Additional benefits that may be chosen by the policy holder include:
- Cancer Cover
- Partial Cancer Cover Benefit
- Cancer Cover Increase Benefit
- Buy Back Option