Do You Need Life Insurance?
Lifebroker has produced a new infographic based on a study conducted by Sweeney Research in 2012 about the state of affairs in the life and income protection insurance markets in Australia.
The Graphic dubbed “Do I Need Life Insurance” contains a number of questions linked together to help you ascertain whether or not you need insurance.
Some interesting facts & figures included in the graphic include:
- 52% of people don't know what their insurance premium is
- 23% of people think that life insurance is not important
- 77% of Australians believe it's EXTREMELY important to protect their assets
- 56% of Australians believe that life insurance premiums are far too high for the amount of cover you get
- 52% of Australians believe that income protection insurance gives them peace of mind
- 36% of Australians find it difficult to know when you need life or income protection insurance
- The average cost of a funeral is between $5,000 for a cremation and $7,000 for a burial
- Income protection insurance is something 46% of Australians never really think about
- 30% of Australians believe they should be doing more to find out about life and income protection insurance