Macquarie FutureWise Trauma Insurance
- largest life insurer
- claims paid in 2015
Macquarie’s FutureWise Trauma Insurance cover will provide you with a lump sum benefit should you suffer a trauma or medical condition that is covered under the policy.
There are a number of features that are included in the policy such as:
- Financial Planning benefit: This benefit reimburses up to $1,000 to a qualified financial adviser to help you prepare a financial plan when you receive the benefit payment.
- Indexation Increases Feature: This feature increases the sum insured every year by 3% or the increase in the Consumer Price Index, whichever is greater.
- Future Increases Feature: This feature allows your existing cover to be increased without completing another medical application after experiencing a specific life event, such as the birth a child.
- Life Insurance Buy-back Feature: This feature reinstates the full Life Insurance cover amount 12 months after it was reduced due to the payment of the full Trauma Insurance benefit.
In addition to the included benefits, there are also a variety of optional benefits that the policy may include, such as:
- Trauma Reinstatement option: This allows you to reinstate the full Trauma Insurance cover amount 12 months after it was reduce due to the payment of the full Trauma Insurance Benefit.
- Double Trauma option: This option allows you to reinstate the full Life Insurance cover amount 14 days after it was reduced by the payment of the full Trauma Insurance benefit. This option is only available when your Trauma cover is linked to your Macquarie Life Insurance policy.
- Premium Waiver Option: This option allows you to waive the premium and policy fee payable when you experience a certain event, such as becoming significantly disabled.
- Business increase Option: This option allows you to increase your Trauma cover without completing another medical application if you experience a specific business event, which is nominated at the time of application.
As well as the standard Trauma Insurance product there are also the following options with additional cover available, including:
- Trauma Platinum option
- Trauma Plus option
You can find a full list of the available benefits, features and trauma conditions covered in the Macquarie Product Disclosure Statement.