Complaint Management Process
We endeavour to uphold the customer service standards and obligations under the Life Insurance Code of Practice.
If your complaint is about the product you hold, Lifebroker will provide you with the contact details of your Insurer who will help you with your complaint.
If your complaint is about the service Lifebroker has provided to you, please contact us to let us know your concerns and we will do all we can to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible following the steps outlined below.
Step 1: Contact our Customer Care team
The first thing you can do is contact our team to let us know what has occurred.
- Call us on:
13 54 33
+61 3 9285 4512 (Overseas callers)
Email us using the contact form
One of our consultants may be able to resolve the issue immediately or within 5 business days. If not, the next step is talking with our Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) team.
Step 2: Contact the Internal Disputes Resolution (IDR) team
If our customer service team cannot resolve your complaint within 5 business days, they may escalate your complaint to our IDR team. You may also contact our IDR team directly. You can:
- Call them on:
1300 795 877
+61 2 9081 6831 (Overseas callers)
• Email them at: [email protected]
• Write to them at:
GPO Box 5380
Sydney NSW 2000
To help our IDR team deal with your complaint as quickly as possible, please include the following information:
- The word ‘Complaint’ in the heading or the subject line
- Your name and contact details, including your daytime phone number and email address
- Details of your complaint
- Copies of any relevant documents
- Your desired outcome
We recommend you keep a copy of your complaint and original documents for your records.
Our IDR team will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within 1 business day or as soon as practicable. They will also make an arrangement with you for keeping you regularly informed about the progress of your complaint.
We will always aim to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. If our IDR Team are unable to resolve your complaint within the maximum timeframe (30 days), they will inform you of the reasons for the delay and let you know when they expect to provide a response to your complaint.
If you are unhappy with the delay or response to your complaint, you can escalate the issue to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) as outlined in step 3 below.
Step 3: Contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA)
AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers. If your complaint has not been resolved to your complete satisfaction, you can lodge a complaint with AFCA:
- In writing to:
Australian Financial Complaints Authority
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001
Time limits may apply to complaints to AFCA, so you should act promptly or otherwise consult the AFCA website to find out if or when the time limit relevant to your circumstances may expire.
Do you need assistance to make a complaint?
- If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment you may like to use the National Relay Service (NRS). The NRS can be contacted on 1300 555 727.
- The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) provides interpreting services to people who do not speak English and to agencies and businesses that need to communicate with their non-English speaking clients. TIS National can be contacted on 13 14 50.
- You can also authorise someone to make a complaint on your behalf. You will need to confirm your authority in writing. You can amend or withdraw this authorisation at any time.
- Please let us know if you need additional assistance to make a complaint and we will let you know the options available. We always aim to accommodate any request to make it easy for you to lodge a complaint.
For more information, our full Public Complaints Policy can be downloaded in PDF in the following languages: