Complaint Handling Process
If you have a complaint about the service we’ve provided, please contact us to let us know your concerns and we will do all we can to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
Step1: Contact our team
The first thing you can do is contact our team to let us know what has occurred.
You can contact us on these numbers:
13 54 33 (Australia only)
+61 3 9285 4512 (International clients)
One of our consultants may be able to resolve the issue immediately or within 5 business days. If not, the next step is talking with our Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) team.
Step 2: Contact the Internal Disputes Resolution (IDR) team
If our customer service team cannot resolve your complaint straightaway or within 5 business days, they will escalate your complaint to our IDR team. You may also contact our IDR team directly on:
email us using the contact form
Phone: 1300 795 877
write to us at
Lifebroker PO Box 5054 South Melbourne VIC 3205
To help us deal with your complaint quickly, please include the following information:
- The word ‘Complaint’ in the heading or the subject line
- Your name and contact details, including your daytime phone number and email address
- Details of your complaint
- Copies of any relevant documents
- Your desired outcome
We recommend you keep a copy of your complaint and original documents for your records.
Out IDR team will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within 48 hours. Our acknowledgment will include:
- Your unique IDR complaints reference number
- Date we received your complaint
- Contact details for the IDR Specialist allocated to your complaint
- Confirmation that you will be provided with an update on the progress of your complaint at least every 20 business days, unless an alternative arrangement has been made with you.
- Timeframe in which we’ll aim to resolve your complaint. Depending on the nature of your complaint, this will be a maximum of 45 or 90 days.
We will always aim to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. If we are unable to resolve your complaint within the maximum period, the IDR team will inform you of the reasons for the delay and let you know when we expect to provide a response to your complaint. If you are unhappy with the delay, you can escalate the issue to an external as outlined in step 3 below.
In our final response to your complaint, we will provide a written explanation of:
- our investigation into your complaint
- attempts to resolve your complaint,
- reasons for our decision
- how you can access any documents considered
- how you can escalate the complaint to an external organisation (and their contact details) if your complaint has not been resolved to your complete satisfaction (as outlined in step 3).
Step 3: Contact an external organisation
The Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers. If your complaint has not been resolved to your complete satisfaction, you can lodge a complaint with AFCA:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1800 931 678 (free call)
In writing to: Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001
Time limits may apply to complaints to AFCA. You may wish to consult the AFCA website or contact AFCA directly to find out if there is a time limit on lodging a complaint with AFCA.
Do you need assistance to make a complaint?
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment you may like to use the National Relay Service.
The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) provides interpreting services to people who do not speak English and to agencies and businesses that need to communicate with their non-English speaking clients. TIS National can be contacted on 131450.
Can someone else make a complaint on my behalf?
Yes. To protect your privacy, you will need to give us written confirmation that you have authorised another person to assist you with your complaint. You can amend or withdraw this authorisation at any time.