AIA Income Protection CORE
- 3rd largest life insurer
- $796m claims paid in 2022
Income Protection can provide you with up to 70% of your income if you are unable to work for an extended period of time due to illness of injury, offering you financial security so you can concentrate on your recovery.
AIA Australia Income Protection will pay you a monthly benefit while you are unable to work due to illness or injury for a benefit period that you select when your policy commences.
AIA Australia offers an Income Protection product called Income Protection CORE with the following cover types available: 70% to 60% Option, Flat 70% Option, or 5 year Benefit Period Option.
AIA Australia’s Income Protection CORE offers a number of key benefits, including:
- Income when you are unable to earn one due to a severe illness or disability
- Payment of approved costs for rehabilitation, for up to a maximum of 12 times your insured monthly benefit
- Salary Increase Benefit, which allows you to increase the monthly benefits by up to 15% every year without providing further evidence of your health or insurability (subject to conditions).
- Optional benefit to cover your employer superannuation contributions.
- Protection with this policy is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, no matter where you are in the world.
Full-time employees, who work at least 25 hours per week for 48 weeks per year, may be eligible for this type of cover. White collar employees who work more than 20 hours per week for at least three days a week, for 48 weeks per year and with paid sick and holiday leave, may also be eligible. Eligibility is also determined during the underwriting process when your application for cover is assessed.