OnePath Income Secure Cover
- 4th largest life insurer
- $611m claims paid in 2022
What would you do if you are unable to work due to illness or injury for an extended period of time? OnePath’s Income Secure Cover can provide you with an income while you recover to help protect your savings as well as your plans for the future.
OnePath will pay up to 70% of your income if you are unable to work due to a serious injury or illness.
Eligibility for OneCare Income Secure Cover
- You must generally work at least 20 hours a week in your primary occupation.
- Your eligibility may be dependent on your occupation.
- You can get an Income Secure policy between the ages of 19 and 60.
- You may select a cover amount of as little as $1,000 a month, or as much as $30,000 a month, depending on your income and occupation.
Income Secure offers:
- A Death Benefit of three times the monthly amount insured, up to a maximum of $30,000, if you pass away.
- Increasing Income feature allows you to increase the monthly amount insured, up to 15%, with increases in your average monthly income without medical underwriting.
- Family Cover Pause allows you to reduce your monthly amount insured if your average monthly income reduces after having a child. You can reinstate the amount before your youngest child turns six without medical underwriting.
- Indexation (when not on claim) to ensure your cover amount increases with inflation.
- A Rehabilitation Benefit for approved rehabilitation programs, equipment or office modifications to aid your recovery and help you return to work.
- Pregnancy premium waiver that will waive your premium when you or your spouse becomes pregnant for up to a maximum of 3 months.
There are also optional benefits available at an additional cost, including:
- Day 14 accident option which pays a benefit during the waiting period when you are totally disabled due to injury for 14 consecutive days during the waiting period.
- Indexation (while on claim) Option will increase the monthly amount insured annually by the indexation factor for every 12 months that you are on claim.
- Severity booster option which increases the monthly benefit payable by 20% for specific conditions during the first 6 months on claim.