TAL Accelerated Income Protection Insurance
- 1st largest life insurer
- $885m claims paid in 2022
TAL Accelerated Protection Income Protection Insurance provides you with a monthly benefit of up to 70% of your income when you become ill or injured and unable to work for an extended period of time. This can help provide vital financial support to you and your family, so you can focus on your recovery.
Accelerated Protection Income Protection Insurance focuses on giving you the flexibility to tailor a policy that suits your needs, lifestyle and future plans.
Types of Income Protection Options
There are three different options available:
- Income Protection Focus: This is TAL’s short term offering, covering up to 70% of income with the option of a 1, 2 or 5 year Benefit Period.
- Income Protection Enhance: This is TAL’s long-term offer and covers up to 70% of income until age 65, with additional eligibility criteria for claims that extend longer than 2 years. If the eligibility criteria is not met the benefit will be reduced by one third.
- Income Protection Assist: This provides an alternative option for long-term cover for up to 60% of income until age 65, and provides a 25% booster of the benefit for the first six months on claim. Additional eligibility criteria apply for claims that extend longer than 2 years.
All TAL’s Income Protection options offer:
- A death benefit of $10,000
- Inflation Protection to ensure your cover amount increases with inflation when you are not on claim.
- A Work Assistance Benefit for approved rehabilitation programs to aid your recovery and help you return to work.
- You can also add the Super Contributions Option, which covers your mandatory employer super contributions. This is paid in addition to your monthly benefit as a personal contribution to your nominated super fund on your behalf.