Zurich Life Insurance
- 9th largest life insurer
- $270.40m claims paid in 2018
Zurich Protection Plus provides cover for you and your family if you pass away or are diagnosed with a terminal illness.
Protection Plus life insurance is offered as a flexible package so that you can combine Zurich’s range of products to suit your needs. This means you can purchase Life cover as a stand-alone product or combine it with your Trauma or Total and Permanent Disability cover from Zurich.
Standard benefits of Protection Plus include:
- Accidental injury benefit: This benefit provides an advance payment of the death benefit if you suffer a specified accidental injury, such as losing the use of a hand or foot or the sight of one eye.
- Advancement for funeral expenses: This benefit provides your family with an advanced payment of up to $15,000 to help cover the costs of a funeral.
- Inflation protection: Each year your coverage will automatically increases by 5% or in line with the Consumer Price Index, whichever is greater.
- Future insurability: This benefit allows you to increase your cover after experiencing a significant life event (such as marriage or the birth of a child) without any new medical underwriting.
- Financial planning advice: Your beneficiaries can be reimbursed for up to $3,000 for the cost of financial planning after a benefit has been paid. This can assist your loved ones in planning how to manage the benefit amount received.
- Interim cover: You may be covered for accidental injuries for up to 90 days from the moment you apply to Zurich for insurance, even if your application has not yet been processed.