Zurich Trauma Insurance
- 7th largest life insurer
- $270.40m claims paid in 2018
Trauma cover provides you with a lump sum payment if you suffer from a specified medical condition, so you can focus on your recovery. Conditions that are covered under a Trauma Insurance policy can include cancer, heart attack or stroke.
Zurich’s Trauma Cover can be purchased as a stand-alone product or combined with Zurich’s Life Insurance and Total and Permanent Disability cover options.
There are two Trauma options available through Zurich, the Extended and the Platinum Trauma option. Both options cover 42 conditions for a full payment and 12 additional conditions for a partial benefit payment, the partial payment amount for each cover option differs:
- The Extended Trauma option pays 10% of the full benefit amount for conditions that are covered for partial payments.
- The Platinum Trauma option pays 25% of the full benefit amount for conditions that are covered for partial payments.
The standard benefits available with both of Zurich’s trauma insurance options, include:
- Funeral benefit: If you have your Trauma Cover as a stand-alone policy (not linked with Zurich’s Life Cover), your loved ones will receive a benefit of $5,000 if you pass away to assist with the costs of a funeral.
- Paralysis booster: If you receive a Trauma payment for paralysis, then your benefit amount will be doubled (to the maximum value of $2 million).
- Financial planning advice: This benefit reimburses you with up to $3,000 for the costs of advice to help you manage the lump sum received.
There is also a range of benefits that you can add to your policy for an additional cost. A full list of features and benefits is available in the Zurich Product Disclosure statement.
- You must be between the ages of 15 and 59.
- Minimum cover available is $50,000 (minimum premium amounts apply)
- Maximum cover is $2 million (or $1 million for those who list domestic duties as their occupation)
- You may apply to increase your cover until the age of 59.