Lifebroker life insurance rebate offer terms and conditions Promoter
Lifebroker life insurance rebate offer terms and conditions
The promoter of the Rebate Offer is Member Advantage Pty Ltd, ABN 98 086 160 705 of Level 2, 35 Dalmore Drive Scoresby VIC 3179 (Promoter).
- Acceptance of terms
Participating in the Rebate Offer constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions).
- Changes to terms
These Terms and Conditions may be changed at any time, subject to any limitations imposed by law. Notice of any change(s) will be limited to publication of the change(s) at www.lifebroker.com.au/member-a...
- Unless otherwise notified, a change to these Terms and Conditions will not apply retrospectively. Where a change to these Terms and Conditions applies retrospectively, the Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to notify affected parties directly by contacting them using the contact information it retains for them.
- Offer period
The Rebate Offer commences on 10 October 2020 and remains available for Members until and unless it is withdrawn (Offer Period).
- The Rebate Offer may be suspended, cancelled or withdrawn at any time, subject to any limitations imposed by law.
- Eligible policies
Policies that are eligible for the Rebate Offer are solely those which satisfy the following criteria:
- the policy must:
- be a life policy within the meaning of the Life Insurance Act 1995 (Cth);
- have been arranged by Lifebroker Pty Limited, ACN 115 153 243, AFSL 400209 (Lifebroker);
- have been commenced during the Offer Period;
- be and remain in force at all times between the date the policy is commenced (Policy Commencement Date) and the first anniversary of the policy (First Renewal Date);
- be and remain paid up to date for the entire period between the Policy Commencement Date and the First Renewal Date; and
- be and remain in force upon the First Renewal Date;
- Lifebroker must remain the nominated adviser in respect of the Policy, as recorded by the life company that is the issuer of the policy, at all times between the Policy Commencement Date and the First Renewal Date; and the listed policy owner, as recorded by the life company that is the issuer of the policy, must:
- be a natural person;
- not be the trustee of a superannuation fund (including, without limitation, a self-managed superannuation fund);
- be the subject of the policy;
- be the payer of the premium for the policy;
- hold Member Advantage membership at the date the Policy Commencement Date;
- have provided Lifebroker with their Member Advantage membership number before or on the Policy Commencement Date;
- retain Member Advantage membership at all times for the duration of the period between the Policy Commencement Date and the First Renewal Date; and
- retain ownership of the policy at all times for the duration of the period between the Policy Commencement Date and the First Renewal Date.
- the policy must:
- Rebate offer
The rebate offer is be made on the following basis
- subject to subsection (b), the rebate is 10% of the net premium payable by the policy owner in respect of the Eligible Policy, excluding stamp duty and any policy fees where such charges are distinguished from the risk premium, for the period from the Policy Commencement Date until the First Renewal Date (Rebate);
- where the Eligible Policy provides cover for more than one life insured, only the portion of the premium that is attributable to insuring the policy owner shall be subject of the Rebate;
- the Rebate will be payable to the policy owner by the Promoter;
- the Rebate will be payable to the policy owner within 60 days following the First Renewal Date; and
- the Rebate will exclusively be credited to the policy owner’s Member Advantage EWallet (or such other digital wallet that may succeed the Member Advantage EWallet from time to time).Use of the credit shall be subject to the terms and conditions governing the EWallet, available at http://www.professionalsaustra... . The credit cannot be withdrawn or used as cash.
- Rebate Offer
The Rebate Offer does not apply and will not be available in respect of any policy which would otherwise be an Eligible Policy, if:
- the policy owner has previously cancelled a policy of life insurance which provided the same or similar benefit types;
- the cancelled policy was arranged by Lifebroker;
- a Rebate has been paid in respect of that cancelled policy;
- the policy was cancelled before or on the second anniversary of the policy being commenced; and
- cancellation was not due solely to the operation of the terms of the policy, such as complete discharge of the policy following a claim or expiry of the policy term.
- The Rebate Offer is not available in conjunction with any other discount or rebate offer in relation to life insurance policies arranged by Lifebroker unless expressly and specifically stated in the terms of that other offer.
- Any tax liability arising directly or indirectly from payment of the Rebate is the sole responsibility of the recipient of the Rebate.
- Jurisdiction and forum
There terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws in force in the State of Victoria in Australia and parties to the Rebate Offer submit to the courts having jurisdiction there.
- Contact information
In the event of any questions or notification of any feedback, issues or complaints in respect of the Rebate Offer, please contact the Promoter using the following contact information:
2/35 Dalmore Drive
Phone: 1300 853 352
Queries in respect of the life insurance policies, including policy applications, policy administration, premium enquiries, claims and support, should be directed to Lifebroker:
PO Box 5054
South Melbourne VIC 3205
Phone: 13 54 33