BT Total & Permanent Disablement (TPD) Insurance
BT’s Total and Permanent Disablement insurance policy offers a lump sum benefit payment to the insured if he or she is not likely to work again because of a qualifying total disability. This type of cover may be added to a term life insurance plan or it may be purchased as a stand-alone coverage.
The TPD policy from BT offers financial assistance to those insureds to help them in meeting the cost of their rehabilitation as well as to pay their ongoing living expenses. In addition, policy benefits may be used for making adjustments in the insured’s home to better fit their needs.
There are four levels of coverage to choose from, and the right one will depend on your circumstance.
- Any occupation TPD: reimburses you if you are unlikely to ever be able to work in any occupation.
- Own occupation TPD: reimburses you if you are unlikely to ever be able to work in the occupation you were last involved in before you made a claim.
- Home duties TPD: reimburses you if you are unlikely to ever again carry out all normal household duties.
- General cover TPD: reimburses you if you lose independence, or if you lose two limbs, your sight, or one limb and sight in one eye.
Some of the primary benefits that are offered by BT’s TPD plan include:
- Guaranteed Renewability so that the policy holder is assured of continuation of benefit coverage
- Inflation Protection so the benefits don’t fall behind the Consumer Price Index
- Future policy upgrades are guaranteed
- Worldwide coverage