OnePath OneCare Life Cover
The Life Cover insurance policy from OnePath will pay out a lump sum, or equivalent instalments, if the insured policy holder dies or is diagnosed with a terminal illness.
The OnePath OneCare Life Cover product provides a one-off payment, or regular monthly instalment benefits, should the insured pass away or if the insured is diagnosed with a terminal illness.
OneCare Life Cover offers a number of built-in benefits, including:
- Terminal Illness Benefit - When the insured is diagnosed with a terminal illness, benefits are paid so that they may use these funds for the purpose of paying off debts, making final arrangements, or for any other need or want.
- Instalments Benefit - Monthly payments may be made to the insured or their nominated beneficiary in lieu of a lump sum.
- Accommodation Benefit - If the insured is diagnosed with a terminal illness and a medical practitioner certifies that they must be confined to a bed, the OnePath Life Cover plan will pay up to $150 per day - for up to 14 days – so that the insured's immediate family may stay in an accommodation that is closer to them.
- Financial Advice Benefit - If OnePath pays a life cover claim, up to $2,000 will be reimbursed for the preparation of a financial plan that can help the insured’s family in maximising the value of the benefit funds.
- Advance Assistance Benefit - In order to make sure that the insured's dependents can take care of final expenses, OnePath will pay $15,000 on receipt of the death certificate while the claim is being finalized.