Zurich Trauma Insurance
Trauma cover is essential to cover those potential gaps between health insurance, life insurance and disability insurance, depending on the coverage you already have. It ensures that if you fall victim to a specified medical condition, finances are one less thing you have to worry about. Trauma insurance pays a lump sum if you are diagnosed with certain conditions, including tumours, heart attacks, strokes, or loss of speech.
Whether you're looking for trauma cover as a stand-alone policy or as part of a combination, Zurich has a policy that can be tailored to your circumstances.
The benefits that come with trauma insurance at no extra cost include:
- Trauma benefit: A lump sum on diagnosis of any of 12 specific conditions.
- Funeral benefit: A lump sum payment on death - this does not apply to trauma insurance packaged with other products, as the other products usually also include funeral benefits.
- Paralysis booster: Your payment is doubled if you become paralysed.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 59.
- The policy expires after you turn 75, or if you package it with death cover, when you turn 99. However, after age 75, the only conditions covered are loss of independence and loss of limbs or sight.
- Minimum cover is $50,000 with a minimum premium of $160 a year.
- Maximum cover is $2 million.
- You may apply to increase your cover until the age of 59.