Zurich Trauma Insurance
The Trauma Insurance cover policy offered by Zurich will pay a lump sum on the diagnosis or occurrence of one of a list of specific injuries and illnesses such as heart attack or stroke.
The Trauma Insurance cover protection policy that is offered by Zurich pays a lump sum benefit with the insured is diagnosed with or has the occurrence of a covered serious illness or injury. These conditions may include cancer, stroke, and heart attack.
Some of the many benefits that are included in the Trauma Insurance policy can include:
- The payment of unexpected medical costs
- The providing for changes in the insured’s lifestyle
- The cost of professional care that may be needed in the insured’s home
- Repayment of large debts such as the insured’s mortgage
- The allowance for the insured to make additional lifestyle changes such as a reduction in work hours, by providing additional income from the policy
Zurich offers its Trauma Insurance cover through the Zurich Protection Plus product. This is a life insurance cover product that allows any combination of Death cover, TPD (Total and Permanent Disability) cover, and Trauma cover to be selected. An insured may also opt to purchase the Trauma Insurance cover as a stand-alone policy.